Monday 4 July 2011

Words Can Not Express How Much I Love You America


 NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH ORGANZATION GOES INTO WRITING A 
DISSERTATION & AT THE SAME TIME PLANNING A MONTH LONG TRIP

 Happy Independence Day! I thought mark the occasion with a return after my 8-month absence shameful, I know however It ‘s been a crazy time, as I have completed my Magazine Publishing with Creative Writing degree achieving a 2:1, spent a month travelling in America and moved back home to Brighton while searching for the perfect job in London.

So less about me, more about America! My entire trip to America was inspired by my best friend Jess, who was studying on a year abroad in Californa, Santa Barabara & I travelled for most part of a month with my Uni friend Abbie. We decided it would be a great way to motivate us through our dissertation hell & celebrate the end of Uni while visiting Jess in Santa Barbara and my cousin in New York plus I've always wanted to travel just never had the opportunity. My itinerary was New York, LA, Santa Barbara, San Francisco & Las Vegas it's hard to know where to begin, there is so much to tell as I noted EVERYTHING down in my Moleskin travel journal that I received as a gift for my birthday. I would highly recommend investing in your own as it really is an essential for anyone who is passionate about travelling, it has individual sections for Planning (budgeting, timeline), Weekends, Short Trips, Long Trips & a Wish List!

I feel as though I could literally type for the rest of my life & I still wouldn’t finish writing all my stories. What I will say about America that I initally believed to be similar to England, in terms of culture, the only thing, that's the same, is the language, saying that in LA a lot of Spanish was spoken making me feel as I really should have attempted to brushed up my terrible GCSE Spanish, more about that later….

No comments:

Post a Comment