Friday 11 June 2010

Fashion Spy Catwalk To Closet Trends Autumn/Winter 2010

After such a horrible day of rain with another predicted for tomorrow, I can no longer deny that winter is on it's way and thought it was time to stop running from this fact and may as well have a look at the Autumn/Winter trends for 2010.


Hermés, A/W10








LEOPARD PRINT






Here to stay, invest in a scarf that will lead you through those chilly summer days, like today and you will be able to wear it with a coat come Autumn. I recently bought this gorgeous Leopard print dress for my best friends 22nd birthday this weekend.

Primark £5 S/S10

Peacocks £5 SALE A/W09






RED






A must have in everyone's wardrobe. A cute pair of red shoes/red nails/lips will do the trick and instantly add interest to any look. If you really want to be daring then team red lips/nails with leopard print, this has always been a favourite with my mum! When I get my scanner, I will have a dig and see if I can find any old skool pics! As you can see Alexander Mcqueen has gone for a similar colour pallet. 

Alexander McQueen, A/W10

Louis Vuitton A/W10







NAVY
Now and again I get a bit obsessed with Navy and do wear it religiously in replacement of Black. Navy is a great colour as suits must skin tones and goes with most things while giving you that dark and mysterious look. 

Oasis Inspired Vintage collection A/W09








BLACK






I wasn't sure whether to mention, black will be in autumn/winter fashion, forever so it seems. I am a big fan of the classic, however to remain chic it is advisable to look out for simple tailoring and dresses to encourage the silhouette. 



Alexander Wang, A/W10

Hermés A/W10







THE LEATHER JACKET
If not already owned then this will be a key piece in your Autumn/Winter wardrobe. I have had my eye on a certain one at work with cotton side panellings and a water fall front, for quite a while despite trying it on several time, it doesn't seem to suit me or my style :( however, I think if you can get away with this piece you should go for it and I can become very envious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment